Windows Installer XML Standard CustomActions
The WiX toolset contains several CustomActions to handle configuring resources such as Internet Information Services web sites and virtual directories, SQL Server databases and scripts, user accounts, file shares, and more. These CustomActions are provided in two separate .wixlibs: sca.wixlib and wixca.wixlib. The former contain "Server CustomActions" while the latter has more general installation CustomActions. In the future, these .wixlib's may merge together but for now (for mostly historical reasons) they are separate.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) CustomAction - create and configure web sites, virtual directories, web applications, etc.
- SQL Server CustomAction - create databases and execute SQL scripts and statements.
- User CustomAction - create and configure new users.
- FileShare CustomAction - create and configure file shares (SMB).
- Performance Counter CustomAction - install and uninstall performance counters.
wixca.wixlib - General CustomActions
- Secure Objects CustomAction - secure (using ACLs) objects that standard LockPermission table cannot. For further information see the Extended attribut in <Permission/>.
- Service Configuration CustomAction - configure attributes of a Windows Service that the ServiceInstall table cannot.
- Quiet Execution CustomAction - launch console executables without displaying a window.
- XmlFile CustomAction - allows you to configure XML files as part of your installation package. For further information see <XmlFile/>.
New CustomActions are always under development. Our goal is to one day have standard CustomActions for just about any need. Feel free to open a Feature Request if you have a CustomAction need.